This subject has four (4) components:
- Basic Technology
- Computer Studies
- Basic Science
- Physical and Health Education
The themes covered include:
A. Basic Technology, Safety, Materials and Processing, Drawing Practice, Tools, Machines and Processes.
B. Basic Computer Operations and Concepts, Basic Knowledge of Information Technology, Computer Application Packages.
C. Environmental Studies, Energy, Science and Development
D. Basic Human movement, Sports and Games, Health Education, Pathogenic Diseases and Prevention.
Basic Science and Technology aims at:
- stimulating students’ interest in science and technology
- relating science and technology to everyday life by referring to appropriate local and worldwide examples.
- highlighting the nature of science and technology, and some of their important social implications, especially in developing countries
- providing opportunities for, and encourage, students to think about and use scientific and technological ideas and processes
- enabling students to take advantage of the numerous career opportunities provided by science, technology, physical and health education and information technology